New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner

2021 Chev Tahoe w/ Premier but no Integrated Brake Controller ... Trying to locate under-dash port

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Djzscuba2 
#1 ·
There is (and has been with previous '19 and '20) a pre-wired port for GM trucks and SUVs without IBCs. I've found a couple of YouTube videos and I a) know what it looks like and b) know where it should be BUT cannot locate it under the dash, above the brake arm, near the other wired ports and connectors.

I note on the truck videos that they have less sound proofing soft panels and wonder if that required a re-pathing of the dangling port. Has anyone found that port - is it hidden or am I just not yet able to locate it??

Thanks for any help.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
ssgunner20 - yep, I've got the same paper instruction. But I still haven't found the wired, hanging connector under the dash. I found two YouTube videos which show how (on a Sierra) but still can't locate it on my Tahoe. My local dealer will help as soon as they have time.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
AND the answer is... there are two versions from the factory - one has the pigtail, and one does not. Mine does not. There are bare (?) wires (6 of them) with about 8" free up under the dash behind / above the "module" per the technicians at my dealer. So - I'll have to schedule it in next week to get them to wire those 6 into the connector, another connector, or direct to my 4 wire controller (mine is Tekonsha's Prodigy" wires.

They told me the suffix that identifies whether your Tahoe (this is 2021 only) has the pigtail from the factory or not, but I don't recall. So - for prospective owners check first. I wish I'd noticed that mine didn't have the integrated brake controller but with so few cars available at the moment I suspect I would have taken this one anyway.

I do very much wish they'd updated the owner instructions and NOT placed the sheet and the pigtail in the glovebox, making me go look for a couple of hours and then taking it to the dealer for them to look for an hour...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.