New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
For
Sorry for the late response, haven't been on the site for awhile. Did stop at my dealer a week ago and asked if they'd heard anything, said "no", been following the issue and had another similar case in the past week.

Looked up the SB, exactly what my 2021 Tahoe is doing. I see this bulletin only applies to 2020 Chev and GMC pickups. Any idea if this would work for the new Tahoe? I seem to remember hearing they have a common drive train. In any event, I'm taking it to my dealer.

Thanks
For those of you having this issue. GM now has fix. Had my Tahoe in this week and they replaced left axle shaft and seal. I won't know if this fixed the problem as I only had it occur in warm weather after driving 30 miles.

Will post if it is not fixed.

Document number 5987825

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
As Dave's21 mentioned and I've experienced, my clinking sound is definitely in the drive train/transfer case as it goes away in 4WD and AWD.
See my recent post. GM/Chevy now has a repair. Document 5987825. Mine repaired this week. Have to wait for warmer weather to see if this corrected the problem.

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
73 Posts
For

For those of you having this issue. GM now has fix. Had my Tahoe in this week and they replaced left axle shaft and seal. I won't know if this fixed the problem as I only had it occur in warm weather after driving 30 miles.

Will post if it is not fixed.

Document number 5987825
Cool man! Thanks for sharing!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts