New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner

Just got new 2022 Yukon AT4 - rear entertainment question

14K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Yukon734 
#1 ·
I am brand new here and brand new to Yukon. We just took the truck home, and the rear entertainment just comes up with HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 and that is it. I thought I was seeing screens with apps and a "listen" column along with a "NAV" column to select to display the Google Nav. Has this changed?

#2 ·
I havent heard anything back from anyone, but I am thinking now that they removed a lot of rear entertainment functionality without really saying anything about it when they transitioned over to the Google based system up front. This is disappointing. I doubt I would have bought the rear ENT knowing it can no longer do navigation, and doesnt seem to have a native Miracast streaming app anymore. UGH.,

#4 ·
I received my 2022 Yukon SLT with rear entertainment package this week.

The trucks interface completely changed to Google, and with that they removed critical features from the rear entertainment. They removed option for USB drive playback and miracast. I would like to know if they plan on bringing back these features in future android updates, right now it's running Android 10 June 2021 build date. There is an option to update software but this is the latest build.
I am using a USB drive attached to usb-c slot in the rear under the rear climate. It's the same USB drive that is working from my old 2017 Yukon, and I tested the drive on my galaxy s21 and it reads the files and plays videos fine, I need to know if there is a way to enable USB video playback, because using hdmi was not my plan for the rear. I wanted to be able to control the content with the front screen. And I'm very upset they crippled this option on the 2022 model year just to gain Google assistant interface.
Computer Personal computer Peripheral Output device Netbook

Green Rectangle Aqua Font Electric blue

#5 ·
I found an article that states that usb video playback and miracast are gone for 2022 and not coming back, this is very very disappointing, I would never have gotten this option if this information was given previously. I am going to write to gm about possibility of refunding this option, I am willing to open a small claims lawsuit for this, really blatent false advertising here, GM has to pay for this. I can't belive I wasted $2k on this, what is the point in controlling hdmi ports from front screen if you can't select the content, are they crazy?

#7 ·
I keep thinking why would anyone at gm think this is ok, I have an autistic child, I need to be able to control the content for the rear screen, I just tried to put a fire stick, the thing takes 2 minutes to boot up and get into any type of app screen started, so I'm not going to sit there everytime I start the car and wait for this to boot up then select the content, it was always automatic play before with the USB playback. There has never been a rear entertainment system I have had in last 15 years that did not support usb playback, I could never fathom this possibility, I wouldn't get this truck let alone this option if this was the case. What wwere they thinking, 1 step forward and steps backwards

#8 · (Edited)
I called GMC customer service and they logged a case number for this issue with no local USB playback, i recommend everyone calling into customer care and logging a ticket as well.

Chevrolet customer service 800-222-1020
GMC Customer service 800-462-8782
Cadillac Customer service 800-333-4223

I also spoke to my sales rep, and expressed my dissatisfaction with this missing critical feature.
My sales rep said they will bring this issue up to the head of Regional Sales of North East, and let me know what they say.

Please also sign and share online petition to bring back USB Local Playback
Change.org

#11 ·
Thank you for signing the petition, can you please call Chevy/GMC/Cadillac as well and file a submit a support ticket as well.
Chevrolet customer service 800-222-1020
GMC Customer service 800-462-8782
Cadillac Customer service 800-333-4223

I also, never felt so burnt for an option, a rear entertainment system that only supports HDMI is equivelent of putting in the system aftermarket.

And even with aftermarket it would have more features than this,

The point and only reason why someone would get this option factory installed is for the interface to be in tune with the front facing system, we need to be able to control the content from the front driver/passenger section of the truck.

This is a big fail by GM, and i know its because Googles infotainment system was rushed into production without having all the features ready for mainstream.

There are no video streaming apps on the google play store, what is is the point of even offering the store?

#12 · (Edited)
After filing complaint with BBB, someone from Executive management team from GM reached out about the issue, and i expressed to them i want the system updated to allow USB playback or a refund of the $1995 for the Rear Seat Entertainment system, and they said i would have a resolution by Monday or Tuesday.

I explained the reasoning why USB playback is important and reason why its necessary to perform the options from front screen, and that all prior GM vehicles had this function.

She was very understanding and sounded like she knew her way around all the different software teams at GM, so if i get an answer that no update is possible or its not coming, i will go ahead and request a refund.

#16 ·
Font Screenshot Parallel Electric blue Number

I received my denial letter from General Motors, I am planning of filing a small claims lawsuit for $1995 as my next step to recoup this. I suggest everyone do the same, the RSE on 2022 is a complete bust, and they are not trying to make it right by adding the feature back into the software.

#17 ·
GM Pulled the Rear Seat Entertainment from the Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban for the rest of this model year.. this sucks..
is there an aftermarket rear seat entertainment system (either dual monitor screens or drop-down displays) that would connect to the front screen? not so much for watching on the front screen but i wanna be able to control it from the front screen.
Any info would be appreciated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.