New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
6.2 eating lifters. Thank Obama and the image change conspiracy theorists.

Breaking news... inate is cyclical been that way for hundreds of thousands of years kids. Go back to 8th grade science class.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 6.2 HC Tahoe has been in the shop for over a month now. Rented another 2021 Tahoe and have reamed GM to no end. They are covering all rental expenses and the engine is being fully replaced with a new one. They say it will be ready next week for me to drive. Stay on GM's ass and send them messages incessantly. I finally got a senior account rep that has been helpful. I am also requesting a manufacturers warranty to be extended to 100k miles with the new engine. Best of luck to you. It is a huge pain in the ass... If you have questions about how I've handled this them let me know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Keep us updated!

We recently took our yukon at4 for a trip and when we were driving around the check engine light came on. It said ESC needed service, ABS and trailer brake needed service. I was like WTF this has to be a glitch. Went to the dealership and they checked the codes and guy was like oh the code cleared itself. He turned it back on and check engine was gone. Drove it home and everything was fine lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Keep us updated!

We recently took our yukon at4 for a trip and when we were driving around the check engine light came on. It said ESC needed service, ABS and trailer brake needed service. I was like WTF this has to be a glitch. Went to the dealership and they checked the codes and guy was like oh the code cleared itself. He turned it back on and check engine was gone. Drove it home and everything was fine lol
Will do. I had all the same symptoms occur but the engine was misfiring and rough idling. Hopefully yours was a fluke. Initially they replaced the fuel injector and told me the problem had been fixed. Upon getting in the truck to drive it home all the same lights came on and the exhaust started smoking lol. Been a very frustrating experience but I am hopeful the new engine will put an end to this nightmare.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yukon XL Denali... at 6,100 MI out running errands the engine starts knocking with rough idle then check engine light comes on. Code says ECM, but after calling dealer they say it sounds like a lifter issue. Estimates a 2 - 3 day turn around... but after reading this thread I'm thinking it might be much longer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The lifter and head gaskets are on back order, right now for a few more days.
Make sure they replace all the lifters or you will right back in the dealer ship soon to fix the other ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update on my situation:

Finally got the truck back about 2 weeks ago. GM Corporate replaced the entire engine after my non stop complaints and badgering. Truck has been running well. I am trying to get them to push the manufacturers warranty out. Hopefully they will do this and hopefully no more issues! They are also in the process of reimbursing me the 5k+ for my rental which I just sent them the bill for. Hate hearing that more people are having issues. Just had a friend who has an AT4 go out last week on Friday... Lifters....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yukon XL Denali... at 6,100 MI out running errands the engine starts knocking with rough idle then check engine light comes on. Code says ECM, but after calling dealer they say it sounds like a lifter issue. Estimates a 2 - 3 day turn around... but after reading this thread I'm thinking it might be much longer.
You will be extremely lucky if it is a 2-3 day turnaround. I'd start investigating a rental and also start a text conversation with GM Corporate to get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You will be extremely lucky if it is a 2-3 day turnaround. I'd start investigating a rental and also start a text conversation with GM Corporate to get the ball rolling.
Dealer said they will replace the affected side but not both sides

21 - 29 of 29 Posts