New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
42 Posts
Dave got a question. Did you take any measurements before and after install? I just measured at all 4 corners. I’m getting 37 inches fronts ground to lip off wheel wells. Rear I’m getting 37.5? Only getting .5 inch on rear then after the swap? Yours and the extreme truck Tahoe rear seems lower? Just got my springs yesterday. Looking to install by Monday.
Hey man, yeah, it’s weird that it comes down as much as it does in the rear just using the front springs... for whatever reason it does though. Ha. I didn’t take measurements from the ground unfortunately, but it has to be at least 2.5” rear drop. The front is probably about 3”, so it’s weird my rake is 1.75 inches if you’re saying stock is only a half an inch. I had measured the height from the top of the wheel to the wheel well before lowering and don’t remember the exact numbers but I do remember it was an inch difference from front to back for me. So at that time I assumed it would only come down an inch in the rear, and we were shocked to see it come down so far. I’ll post a picture before lowering so you can at least get an idea.

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
42 Posts
Hey man, yeah, it’s weird that it comes down as much as it does in the rear just using the front springs... for whatever reason it does though. Ha. I didn’t take measurements from the ground unfortunately, but it has to be at least 2.5” rear drop. The front is probably about 3”, so it’s weird my rake is 1.75 inches if you’re saying stock is only a half an inch. I had measured the height from the top of the wheel to the wheel well before lowering and don’t remember the exact numbers but I do remember it was an inch difference from front to back for me. So at that time I assumed it would only come down an inch in the rear, and we were shocked to see it come down so far. I’ll post a picture before lowering so you can at least get an idea.
Also, make sure to get that alignment ASAP. It rides a lot better after doing it. Your front and rear camber will be pretty serious once springs are swapped. Toe too. Make sure you find a shop that has updated their rack computer to ‘21 already. Finding a shop with a Hunter rack is a good idea.
Where did you get them

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
42 Posts
Where did you get them
My bowtie and puddle lamps I ordered as options from the dealership when I ordered the truck. They sell both from GM, but I’m sure there’s plenty of aftermarket. They’re like $400 each from GM I think.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry for the Barbara Walters 20 questions. I’m glad you are telling me this because my concern was rear would not come down. Just to confirm you used no spacers with kit just the new bump stops?

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
42 Posts
Sorry for the Barbara Walters 20 questions. I’m glad you are telling me this because my concern was rear would not come down. Just to confirm you used no spacers with kit just the new bump stops?
Yep. No spacers. New bump stops.

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
42 Posts
Absolutely see the difference. Before almost looks lifted
Ha. Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. Comes down a lot. Thanks again to Xtremetruck because I’d be sitting monster truck still if they didn’t figure this out. These new trucks are way taller and overall bigger than previous. Trades my ‘15 Yukon in and this Tahoe is overall way taller. The body itself is a lot taller. Height from bunker to rough has to be 5” more. My opinion gotta lower these. All I did to my Yukon was the 2” leveling in the rear and that thing was still a hair shorter than this

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
42 Posts
Ha. Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. Comes down a lot. Thanks again to Xtremetruck because I’d be sitting monster truck still if they didn’t figure this out. These new trucks are way taller and overall bigger than previous. Trades my ‘15 Yukon in and this Tahoe is overall way taller. The body itself is a lot taller. Height from bunker to rough has to be 5” more. My opinion gotta lower these. All I did to my Yukon was the 2” leveling in the rear and that thing was still a hair shorter than this
Bumper to roof... gotta proof read better...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Totally agree. Stock 22s abd can still fit a $1 bill between top of tire and fender arch. No Bueno. They also should have given the RST a more aggressive stance. The other 2 trims have the magnetic ride control and sit lower. This is suppose to be your “ sport truck” trim. We should have also gotten the quad exhausts. Sorry but the High Country should have gotten the cleaner luxury type rear. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
42 Posts
Totally agree. Stock 22s abd can still fit a $1 bill between top of tire and fender arch. No Bueno. They also should have given the RST a more aggressive stance. The other 2 trims have the magnetic ride control and sit lower. This is suppose to be your “ sport truck” trim. We should have also gotten the quad exhausts. Sorry but the High Country should have gotten the cleaner luxury type rear. Just my opinion.
Ha. I agree with all that too. I would love the 4 pipes and bigger engine!! Had originally ordered a High Country with plans to “black it out” but that never holds up that well over time. I put a lot of miles on my truck and the paint and vinyl you use on chrome looks horrible after about three years. So when the RST came out I cancelled the order and ordered this thing. So at least give that to GM!! That they have a trim line that looks damn good and affordable with factory black chrome! Definitely wish the 6.2 was available in the RST though... My last complaint is that the tire size they’re using on the 22 isn’t great now either. I don’t know if the wheel is narrower too, or just the taller sidewall but the new tire size is too tall and too round in the sidewall. Just my opinion... can’t remember the size that came on the previous gen 22 but it was a nice, flat sidewall. Anyway... there’s my morning rant. Again, the real hero is xtremetruckandtrailer who figured out how to get these things to sit at the right height!! All while only having to order two springs!! Thank you!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ha. I agree with all that too. I would love the 4 pipes and bigger engine!! Had originally ordered a High Country with plans to “black it out” but that never holds up that well over time. I put a lot of miles on my truck and the paint and vinyl you use on chrome looks horrible after about three years. So when the RST came out I cancelled the order and ordered this thing. So at least give that to GM!! That they have a trim line that looks damn good and affordable with factory black chrome! Definitely wish the 6.2 was available in the RST though... My last complaint is that the tire size they’re using on the 22 isn’t great now either. I don’t know if the wheel is narrower too, or just the taller sidewall but the new tire size is too tall and too round in the sidewall. Just my opinion... can’t remember the size that came on the previous gen 22 but it was a nice, flat sidewall. Anyway... there’s my morning rant. Again, the real hero is xtremetruckandtrailer who figured out how to get these things to sit at the right height!! All while only having to order two springs!! Thank you!!
We were almost gonna do the same thing! I wanted the bigger engine, my wife wanted it blacked out. We both don’t like chrome but she drives it and said I’m not spending another 10 grand for a bigger motor then we gotta black it out so saw RST and were sold. I think the old model the tires were 285 45 22? Def sportier side wall. I agree. I’m glad I reached out to Xtreme. They were very helpful and now we get to reap the rewards ourselves.

·
Registered
31 Posts
She is done. BellTechs up front and stock fronts on the back. I took some pre install measurements and from the ground to middle of front fenders I was at 37inches. After install I was at 35inches exactly. For the rear I was at 37.5 and after, I was at 36 exactly. Truck got alignment done immediately and rides smooth just like it did pre install. This is exactly what we wanted, more aggressive sport truck stance that looks like it came with the truck from factory.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
42 Posts
She is done. BellTechs up front and stock fronts on the back. I took some pre install measurements and from the ground to middle of front fenders I was at 37inches. After install I was at 35inches exactly. For the rear I was at 37.5 and after, I was at 36 exactly. Truck got alignment done immediately and rides smooth just like it did pre install. This is exactly what we wanted, more aggressive sport truck stance that looks like it came with the truck from factory.
Nice man!! Looks great! I agree, exactly how it’s supposed to sit....
So you spent the extra 3 grand on those gloss black wheels direct from Chevy huh? I’m trying to sell my factory RST wheels now with no luck so far...

41 - 60 of 97 Posts