New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice man!! Looks great! I agree, exactly how it’s supposed to sit....
So you spent the extra 3 grand on those gloss black wheels direct from Chevy huh? I’m trying to sell my factory RST wheels now with no luck so far...
To be honest those wheels were the deal breaker. We wanted them but were gonna have to have the truck built. I happen to locate this one in NC with them on it already.

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
48 Posts
To be honest those wheels were the deal breaker. We wanted them but were gonna have to have the truck built. I happen to locate this one in NC with them on it already.
Interesting... I didn’t know you can have them built with different wheels. I mean I thought you’d end up stuck with both sets. Mine was built to order but thought it would have been a 3g add on for different wheels. That’s why I went aftermarket. Anyway, looks really good and that’s cool you took all the measurements of before/after. I did a little vinyl to mine. Let me know what you think. I’m thinking of taking it off... ha

·
Registered
37 Posts
Interesting... I didn’t know you can have them built with different wheels. I mean I thought you’d end up stuck with both sets. Mine was built to order but thought it would have been a 3g add on for different wheels. That’s why I went aftermarket. Anyway, looks really good and that’s cool you took all the measurements of before/after. I did a little vinyl to mine. Let me know what you think. I’m thinking of taking it off... ha
Yeah you can have built with that wheel choice but it is the additional cost. I actually had a build by me but when we discussed it were afraid of covid shutting plants down again so I kept searching and found this one. I used the #s off my build to negotiate with dealer. Got them to come in $1500 below the build price. It was $1200 to enclose trailer it up so really came away $300 below but was worth it. Got it when we wanted with full all weather mats throughout thrown in. What did you vinyl?

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
48 Posts

Yeah you can have built with that wheel choice but it is the additional cost. I actually had a build by me but when we discussed it were afraid of covid shutting plants down again so I kept searching and found this one. I used the #s off my build to negotiate with dealer. Got them to come in $1500 below the build price. It was $1200 to enclose trailer it up so really came away $300 below but was worth it. Got it when we wanted with full all weather mats throughout thrown in. What did you vinyl?
That are connecting to the windows towards the rear. Wanted to follow that body line, which I may try again but it would have to run into the door a bit which may look weird? I don’t know. May prefer without all together? That picture is posted of it

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
48 Posts
View attachment 316

That are connecting to the windows towards the rear. Wanted to follow that body line, which I may try again but it would have to run into the door a bit which may look weird? I don’t know. May prefer without all together? That picture is posted of it
It’s the black making it look like window all the way back. Good find on your btw. Kinda wish I got black. Ha

·
Registered
37 Posts
View attachment 316

I think it looks good honestly. I like that straight black look all the way back. If I had white I probably would have done the same thing actually.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It’s the black making it look like window all the way back. Good find on your btw. Kinda wish I got black. Ha
What are your thoughts on MGP caliper covers. I find myself trying to find videos on the negatives of them then the positives.

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
48 Posts
What are your thoughts on MGP caliper covers. I find myself trying to find videos on the negatives of them then the positives.
That could be cool? I’ve never done covers on my cars, but that’s at least a quality one. I like the look of these factory calipers, so I personally will leave them. What you should do is find a vinyl shop to get your door buttons black and the chrome around the rear bowtie in black as well. Did the buttons white on mine and did the chrome on the rear bowtie black. Turned out good. It’s like $50 for that small job. My opinion those buttons stick out too much being chrome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just completed the same springs swap on 2021 RST with the Belltech #12462 as recommended, solid result and the vehicle still drives comparable to before. Appreciate all the posts and people's time to share guidance here. I had this done to gain necessary clearance in my building's parking garage and would say it provided 2+ inches front and rear, didn't use the 1/2" spacers and happy with this look over factory height. Was not planning on replacing stock wheels immediately, but after looking at all the great setups here, will be hard not to! Thanks again.

20210122_154722-01.jpeg
20210122_154744-01.jpeg
20210122_154857-01.jpeg
20210122_154911-01.jpeg
20210122_160118.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just completed the same springs swap on 2021 RST with the Belltech #12462 as recommended, solid result and the vehicle still drives comparable to before. Appreciate all the posts and people's time to share guidance here. I had this done to gain necessary clearance in my building's parking garage and would say it provided 2+ inches front and rear, didn't use the 1/2" spacers and happy with this look over factory height. Was not planning on replacing stock wheels immediately, but after looking at all the great setups here, will be hard not to! Thanks again.

View attachment 317 View attachment 318 View attachment 319 View attachment 320 View attachment 321
She looks awesome! Functional height for everyday plus a sport truck look. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
48 Posts

View attachment 317 View attachment 318 View attachment 319 View attachment 320 View attachment 321
World of difference some coils can make. Looks great

·
Registered
7 Posts
What about the low front fascia scraping parking curb stoppers? I'm about to lower mine and I will miss not worrying about those scraping or ripping the fascia off.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
What about the low front fascia scraping parking curb stoppers? I'm about to lower mine and I will miss not worrying about those scraping or ripping the fascia off.
I will check that out next time I can park near one or even against a curb. There seems to be pretty decent clearance there still though.
Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just joined the forum and I’m pretty pumped that a couple of you guys have done this I saw this on extreme trucks page and reached out to them and asked what they did. Love the way my truck drives just can’t stand how tall it is do you three guys that have done it, is there little to no difference in the ride quality? Thank you and I think it’s a no brainer I’m going this route just want to make sure I don’t lose my nice ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just joined the forum and I’m pretty pumped that a couple of you guys have done this I saw this on extreme trucks page and reached out to them and asked what they did. Love the way my truck drives just can’t stand how tall it is do you three guys that have done it, is there little to no difference in the ride quality? Thank you and I think it’s a no brainer I’m going this route just want to make sure I don’t lose my nice ride.
Welcome aboard! I don’t see any real change in ride quality honestly. Maybe little harder over certain bumps but I purposely went over some familiar ones by me to see difference and there really was none. Trust me it’s not gonna have that hard sports car feel. I have lowered a few cars so I know that feeling. You are gonna be happy with just the overall appearance after. Just sits and looks better. Easy swap too. Just get the alignment right after. Amazon had the springs for like $166 I got em in like 3 days from GA and I’m in NY

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
48 Posts
Welcome aboard! I don’t see any real change in ride quality honestly. Maybe little harder over certain bumps but I purposely went over some familiar ones by me to see difference and there really was none. Trust me it’s not gonna have that hard sports car feel. I have lowered a few cars so I know that feeling. You are gonna be happy with just the overall appearance after. Just sits and looks better. Easy swap too. Just get the alignment right after. Amazon had the springs for like $166 I got em in like 3 days from GA and I’m in NY
Hey RedRST, mine does ride a bit rougher over bumps from factory, but it’s most likely the wheels more than the lowering. I think if NYRST doesn’t notice much, he’s the guy to listen to. Especially since he’s had other lowered vehicles. If you don’t like it you just put it back as it’s pretty inexpensive. Definitely need the alignment though before you really judge the ride quality. Good luck and send pics when done

61 - 80 of 121 Posts