New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner
81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I’m going to do it most likely going to wait to get through the awesome Chicago winter so I can finally clean this bad boy up. Looks like 8 to 12 inches of snow tomorrow might have to do some joy riding. Thank you Tanya looking forward to joining the lowered Tahoe club

·
Registered
37 Posts
Has anyone else who lowered so far noticed camber being off on front? Dave you notice any change since springs have settled? I had alignment done at install but now with some miles on it I’m noticing some negative camber. Gonna look to get it back on the rack to see how much it’s off. It does say on directions factory OE setting might need to be achieved using a kit.

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
59 Posts
Has anyone else who lowered so far noticed camber being off on front? Dave you notice any change since springs have settled? I had alignment done at install but now with some miles on it I’m noticing some negative camber. Gonna look to get it back on the rack to see how much it’s off. It does say on directions factory OE setting might need to be achieved using a kit.
Hey man, I drove about 4-500 miles before alignment because I couldn’t get into a shop right away, so possible mine settled before I got in there? I have not noticed any additional camber, but the alignment shop said these new models call for a degree or half degree from factory. I know mine couldn’t get perfect and I think was a half degree past factory, which shouldn’t be an issue since I’ll rotate every oil change. Also thought it was my bigger wheels to not get to perfect factory camber. Interested to see what your alignment guy says. They were able to get it to factory the first time?

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
59 Posts
Very nice, where did you get your blackedout side markers from? Are those 24's?
Thanks,
The side light I used a lens smoke spray paint from the auto parts store. You can take the truck to any shop and have them tinted with film too. To paint them you have to remove the wheel well felt and there’s two clips on the light. Probably easiest to have the tint film done. Yep, 24x10, 295/35 tire.

·
Registered
2021 Yukon Denali
12 Posts
Thanks,
The side light I used a lens smoke spray paint from the auto parts store. You can take the truck to any shop and have them tinted with film too. To paint them you have to remove the wheel well felt and there’s two clips on the light. Probably easiest to have the tint film done. Yep, 24x10, 295/35 tire.
Thank you!

·
Registered
2021 Yukon Denali
12 Posts
She is done. BellTechs up front and stock fronts on the back. I took some pre install measurements and from the ground to middle of front fenders I was at 37inches. After install I was at 35inches exactly. For the rear I was at 37.5 and after, I was at 36 exactly. Truck got alignment done immediately and rides smooth just like it did pre install. This is exactly what we wanted, more aggressive sport truck stance that looks like it came with the truck from factory.

So... Did you use the Belltech #12462 springs on the front? I have a Denali & I'm wondering if the springs are the same.

·
Registered
2021 Yukon Denali
12 Posts
Will this even it out or is the Belltech shorter springs than the stock front? I'm going with 24" OEM 29/35/24 tire

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
59 Posts
Will this even it out or is the Belltech shorter springs than the stock front? I'm going with 24" OEM 29/35/24 tire
Yeah man, the Belltech spring is shorter for sure. This drops your entire truck about 2.5”. You can go with the half inch spacers in the front that come with the Belltech springs if you want it more even sitting. Without the spacer it sits about a 1.5” lower in front than rear. Look at the pictures of how mine sits and if you like that, that’s no spacer in front. It’s the white one. Lots of pics of it on here. I have the 295/35 and I have zero rubbing in any gear with the wheel turned all the way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Has anybody had recent alignment after springs settling. We cannot get the front camber into the green. Currently RF -1.8° and LF -1.5°. I ordered the Belltech Camber cams #4951 1° and they do not work with ‘21 Tahoe’s. Different adjustment of control arms then previous models. Reached out to XtremeTruckTrailer and they said the same thing Tahoe they did could not get camber into the green. Mentioned control arms may have to be swapped and mentioned possibly from 1500. My concern obviously is tire wear but more importantly stress on the ball joints over time. What are everyone else’s alignment #s?

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
59 Posts
Has anybody had recent alignment after springs settling. We cannot get the front camber into the green. Currently RF -1.8° and LF -1.5°. I ordered the Belltech Camber cams #4951 1° and they do not work with ‘21 Tahoe’s. Different adjustment of control arms then previous models. Reached out to XtremeTruckTrailer and they said the same thing Tahoe they did could not get camber into the green. Mentioned control arms may have to be swapped and mentioned possibly from 1500. My concern obviously is tire wear but more importantly stress on the ball joints over time. What are everyone else’s alignment #s?
Hey man,
I can look for my alignment sheet in my office on Monday, but I know I was in the “green” somehow... he said it was half a degree or a tenth off, can’t remember exactly. That it wasn’t an issue. Wonder why you’re having issue. Couldn’t be my larger wheel I don’t think. I do also have a quarter inch spacer on my wheels but don’t think that’s an issue either. I wonder if the half inch spring spacer would correct it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey man,
I can look for my alignment sheet in my office on Monday, but I know I was in the “green” somehow... he said it was half a degree or a tenth off, can’t remember exactly. That it wasn’t an issue. Wonder why you’re having issue. Couldn’t be my larger wheel I don’t think. I do also have a quarter inch spacer on my wheels but don’t think that’s an issue either. I wonder if the half inch spring spacer would correct it?
Yeah I don’t know what’s going on. Maybe a 1/4 spacer would since the spring would sit little higher. Gonna have to keep doing some homework

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just discovered MaxTrac has a 2/3" lowering kit. Anyone considering it?

2021 GM SUV 2wd/4wd 2/3" Lowering Kit - MaxTrac

This all new 100% complete 2/3 drop kit for your 2021 Chevy, GMC or Cadillac SUV is the most complete best riding kit on the market today! This kit now includes the correct rear coil spring rates for both the standard length (Tahoe, Yukon, Denali & Escalade) as well as a correct rear coil for the XL Versions too! (Suburban, Yukon XL, Denali XL & Escalade ESV) This lowering kit is the only kit to do this on the market today! We have also taken all the guess work and bending factory parts to make your kit work by including the GM Sensor tool that is used to disassemble the factory plug on the front strut. We also include the correct length sensor rod for the Autoride suspension sensors. This makes this kit the most installer friendly easiest kit to put on!

This 2/3 drop kit fits-

• 2021 Chevy Tahoe 2wd, 4wd & AWD
  • 2021 Chevy Suburban 2wd, 4wd & AWD
  • 2021 GMC Yukon & Yukon XL 2wd, 4wd & AWD
  • 2021 GMC Denali & Denali XL 2wd, 4wd & AWD
  • 2021 Cadillac Escalade & Escalade ESV 2wd, 4wd & AWD
This Kit Will Drop Your Vehicle-

• 2" In The Front
  • 3" In The Rear
Kit Includes-

• Front 2" Drop Coil Springs (Pair)
    • Designed to work 100% with Magnaride front suspension
    • Made In The USA
  • Rear Drop Coil Springs (Pair)
    • 3" Rear Drop Available (Select Above)
    • Standard Length & XL Length Spring Rates
    • Instructions Included
    • Made In The USA
  • Bolt On Rear TracBar Bracket
    • Hardware Included
    • Instructions Included
  • Rear Sensor Rods (For Auto Ride Sensor)
    • Adjustable For 3" & 4" Rear Drops
    • Instructions Included
  • Front Sensor Rods (For Magnaride Sensor)
    • Adjustable For 2" & 3" Front Drops
    • Instructions Included
  • GM Style Sensor Tool
    • Used to disassemble front magnaride strut plug
    • Instructions Included
  • Rear Sway Bar End Links
  • Instructions
    • For ALL components
  • Hardware Packs
Notes-

• Must Select Rear Spring Rate
    • Standard Length or XL Length
Fits-

MaxTrac Suspension Part #

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just discovered MaxTrac has a 2/3" lowering kit. Anyone considering it?

2021 GM SUV 2wd/4wd 2/3" Lowering Kit - MaxTrac

This all new 100% complete 2/3 drop kit for your 2021 Chevy, GMC or Cadillac SUV is the most complete best riding kit on the market today! This kit now includes the correct rear coil spring rates for both the standard length (Tahoe, Yukon, Denali & Escalade) as well as a correct rear coil for the XL Versions too! (Suburban, Yukon XL, Denali XL & Escalade ESV) This lowering kit is the only kit to do this on the market today! We have also taken all the guess work and bending factory parts to make your kit work by including the GM Sensor tool that is used to disassemble the factory plug on the front strut. We also include the correct length sensor rod for the Autoride suspension sensors. This makes this kit the most installer friendly easiest kit to put on!

This 2/3 drop kit fits-

This Kit Will Drop Your Vehicle-

• 2" In The Front
  • 3" In The Rear
Kit Includes-

• Front 2" Drop Coil Springs (Pair)
    • Designed to work 100% with Magnaride front suspension
    • Made In The USA
  • Rear Drop Coil Springs (Pair)
    • 3" Rear Drop Available (Select Above)
    • Standard Length & XL Length Spring Rates
    • Instructions Included
    • Made In The USA
  • Bolt On Rear TracBar Bracket
    • Hardware Included
    • Instructions Included
  • Rear Sensor Rods (For Auto Ride Sensor)
    • Adjustable For 3" & 4" Rear Drops
    • Instructions Included
  • Front Sensor Rods (For Magnaride Sensor)
    • Adjustable For 2" & 3" Front Drops
    • Instructions Included
  • GM Style Sensor Tool
    • Used to disassemble front magnaride strut plug
    • Instructions Included
  • Rear Sway Bar End Links
  • Instructions
    • For ALL components
  • Hardware Packs
Notes-

• Must Select Rear Spring Rate
    • Standard Length or XL Length
Fits-

MaxTrac Suspension Part #

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been driving my RST lowered with Belltech front springs for 2 days and love the improved ride! Just a smidge stiffer and no more wallow. Will put some Bilstein HD on when they are available. Will be aligning in the next couple of days, maybe the ride will improve some more?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light

·
Registered
37 Posts
Been driving my RST lowered with Belltech front springs for 2 days and love the improved ride! Just a smidge stiffer and no more wallow. Will put some Bilstein HD on when they are available. Will be aligning in the next couple of days, maybe the ride will improve some more? View attachment 367 View attachment 367 View attachment 368
She is looking good! The ride is pretty much gonna stay as is. I have had mine of for well over a month and there hasn’t been any sagging either. I’m still 2 in the front 1.5 in back. Let us know how you make out on alignment. Right now my back is all in the green but my camber up front is -1.5 driver side and -1.8 pass side keeping me in the red.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Funny, guy at alignment shop still has my truck this eve. Stopped by before closing and he asked what the H I did to the truck? Spent about twice the usual time and still had one front corner to go. Explained about the massive amount of adjustment needed to get within specs, something about a bent pin in a front tie rod adjustment?
Anyway, he was pretty into it on his new Hunter machine and told me how much he liked the RST and how he had plans to lower his own truck.....
I will try to post some numbers when I get her back.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts