New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner

Lowered 2021 Chevy Tahoe

70K views 163 replies 28 participants last post by  1BlessedExec 
#1 ·
What does everyone think of this Tahoe that has a 3 inch lowering kit and 24 inch Status Titan wheels?

See less See more
#3 ·
#4 ·
Welcome to the forum @Mikhail! Congrats on your new Tahoe! I wish this was mine but it's not. As for the lowering kit, I'm not sure which one they used but I went on their website and they use kits from Rough Country, Ready Lift, or Fox.

#6 ·
Just reached out to xtreme truck and trailering. Woman who answered was awesome. She explained this Tahoe was done using front Belltech springs off of older model year like ‘09-19 Tahoe. They then swapped the OEM front springs to the rear that brought it down. I was shocked fronts would bring the rear down that much.

#14 ·
I didn’t have a tape measure handy but know a $1 bill is 6 inches. Wheel well space from top of tire to fender lip and it’s about that 6 inches. Definitely needs to come down a bit. I’m really debating doing same thing. She said nothing else needed to be modified either.

#29 ·
When you get the springs they come with 1/2” spacers. Up to you if you want to use them. I didn’t use any and this is how it sits. It has. 1 3/4” rake like this. I wouldn’t use more than one 1/2” spacer, but it’s up to you. If you like less rake then use one and be 1 1/4” on the rake. When it’s driving it actually comes up a bit in the front so I chose no spacers.

#57 ·
She is done. BellTechs up front and stock fronts on the back. I took some pre install measurements and from the ground to middle of front fenders I was at 37inches. After install I was at 35inches exactly. For the rear I was at 37.5 and after, I was at 36 exactly. Truck got alignment done immediately and rides smooth just like it did pre install. This is exactly what we wanted, more aggressive sport truck stance that looks like it came with the truck from factory.

Attachments

#70 ·
Just completed the same springs swap on 2021 RST with the Belltech #12462 as recommended, solid result and the vehicle still drives comparable to before. Appreciate all the posts and people's time to share guidance here. I had this done to gain necessary clearance in my building's parking garage and would say it provided 2+ inches front and rear, didn't use the 1/2" spacers and happy with this look over factory height. Was not planning on replacing stock wheels immediately, but after looking at all the great setups here, will be hard not to! Thanks again.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.