New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Question for you guys who used the Belltech struts. For the front, the instructions (which I believe originally were written for a Silverado/Sierra) have the chart describing the amount of spacers/rings to use to achieve the amount of lowering. However, the charts are different for 2wd and 4wd applications. https://www.belltech.com/extras/docs/BBGC/25019-888.pdf

Considering the truck 2wd and 4wd do have different ground clearance, does the chart still apply to the Tahoe/Suburbans 2wd/4wd configurations? Im not so sure a 2WD vs 4WD GM SUV (coil spring/non Z71) are any different in ride height... so I'm debating whether I should use the 2WD chart, even though my Suburban is a 4wd.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Great question, in addition to that question, on my 4wd RST I noticed that my front driver side is 1/2 inch higher than my front passenger. Anyone else have that and if so do I take that into consideration when I decide on how to lower the front. Should one strut be at 2.5 and other at 2 to achieve the same height in the front.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Heard about the horrors of the spring swap, and had been looking into Belltech myself. Saw your post and made that decision pretty easy. Had my Belltech struts installed the other day and went with a 2/3 drop setup. Wheels will be here in a week!
Hey man, I just lowered mine with the belltech struts. I did a little over 2.25 in the front and 2 in the rear. I like some rake. Anyways, what did they get your camber to? The best Belle Tire can get mine -2 degrees. Wanted to take it to a specialty shop but can't find any that can accommodate 24 unch rims.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I actually didn't look at the alignment specs, I have been working with a guy who runs the aftermarket department at the dealership for years so I go to him for these kind of things. My alignment is solid, drives like a dream, but I stuck with the stock 22"s. I can reach out and see if he can send me the specs if he still has them. I'm getting my new wheels next week and will be having my alignment rechecked, so I can get those numbers as well. My rear end sits about .75 of in inch lower currently, hoping my front end drops here soon, only put about 400 miles on the struts so far. I love the leveled look myself, I don't tow anything so sagging isn't an issue to me.
Thanks, let me know if he gets you anything. I know it can be done. Just getting the run around at Belle Tire

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice work on these badboys! I have a 21' burban, I just ordered some 26s. But it definitely needs to be dropped. I called 4 local shops in my area (Miami, Fl) and all said there are no kits available for this vechile. Only 1 shop said there are, but only for the front but nothing for the rear. Luckily, I stumbled across this page! Honestly speaking, I don't know shit about shocks, springs, parts, fixing or nothing. I'm super lost. Can someone please guide me on what I need to order to get a clean, even/leveled drop. Idk if I need a 2/3 or 2/4 setup. But I really like the first pic of the white Tahoe rst with the 26s. That's the look I'm going for. If anyone that can help, I'd highly appreciate it. I have a 2021 suburban rst 4WD. Thanks!
This is all you need. I have a '22 RST Tahoe and this did the trick.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cool, so basically just the 4 struts right? #25019 Sierra struts for the front and #25022 for the rear. No shocks or other components? Can you please post some pictures!
Yes that's all you need. Ends up being around $500 plus labor and a new 4 corner alignment

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts