New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tahoe RST w/ 3.0L Duramax.
18 Posts
22 Tahoe RST Dark Ash Metallica, 3.0L DurtyMax, 2WD

Some clean looking Tahoes on here! Just signed up for the forum myself and can't wait to lower mine! Read a lot about the spring swap and the handling issues afterwards so I avoided that idea like the plague! My aftermarket guy at the dealership said he's unaware of anything available yet due to the indy rears. I'm gonna check with him about this setup and see if he can atleast have a tech install. Have a hard time trusting a local shop with this job haha.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Heard about the horrors of the spring swap, and had been looking into Belltech myself. Saw your post and made that decision pretty easy. Had my Belltech struts installed the other day and went with a 2/3 drop setup. Wheels will be here in a week!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey man, I just lowered mine with the belltech struts. I did a little over 2.25 in the front and 2 in the rear. I like some rake. Anyways, what did they get your camber to? The best Belle Tire can get mine -2 degrees. Wanted to take it to a specialty shop but can't find any that can accommodate 24 unch rims.
I actually didn't look at the alignment specs, I have been working with a guy who runs the aftermarket department at the dealership for years so I go to him for these kind of things. My alignment is solid, drives like a dream, but I stuck with the stock 22"s. I can reach out and see if he can send me the specs if he still has them. I'm getting my new wheels next week and will be having my alignment rechecked, so I can get those numbers as well. My rear end sits about .75 of in inch lower currently, hoping my front end drops here soon, only put about 400 miles on the struts so far. I love the leveled look myself, I don't tow anything so sagging isn't an issue to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks, let me know if he gets you anything. I know it can be done. Just getting the run around at Belle Tire
Looks like you are local in my area, looked up Belle Tire and they are down the street from me haha, never heard of them though. Check out Network Alignment, they are just north of Cactus on Cave Creek. Have used them before with lowered vehicles and 22"s, assume they can assist even with the 24"s. Discount Tire recommends them to anyone who buys new tires or wheels from them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just curious what issues anyone has heard about the Belltech springs up front and OEMs to the rear? Did this on my ‘21 RST almost 2yrs ago have had zero issues?
Other than OP's concerns, I've read a few other articles about the back end swaying like a boat at high speeds. I do a lot of freeway driving at 75/80 and didn't want to risk doing something like a spring swap and then having to pay more to get struts anyways. I wanted a 2/3 drop to get a leveled looked and the spring swap only gets 2" in the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts