New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wouldn't say I put in a lot of work. I just know what I want and will go to any lengths to achieve the desired look that I want.

As for the color, it's a new GM color called Redwood Metallic (Auburn Metallic or Caffeine for Chevy). In 2022, it replaced GM's long-standing Smokey Quartz Metallic.
Sorry about the previous post I didn’t say what I meant . I was trying to say it’s a dope style and I appreciate what you put into it. My bad!
neither way, that color is sick! The stance is dope as well!

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's not too tall or awkward to get in, so I'm happy... so is the 4'11" wifey. It's the curbs I worry about... And most drive-thru's are out of the question.

Unfortunately, I don't have the "technology package" with the added side mirror cameras, so I can't see anything on my left or right side. I've adjusted the passenger side mirror slightly downwards to see the top of the rear passenger tire, but that's about as far as my visibility goes if I'm trying to avoid curb rash. Unless someone here has figured out a way to add in the factory side mirror cameras and have them synched up to GM's onboard setup, I may seriously consider installing a secondary camera system.

As you would expect, I get a lot of looks since there's no one out there with this kind of wide stance set up, but I'm not one to intentionally draw attention to himself, so I just park it like anyone else without looking for that premium "showcase" parking spot to show it off.
Lol I hear you man! That I don’t know. I’m the same way! I was thinking of adding that rear view mirror camera set up. I really like that thing! As far as mods, I’m doing all the little mods until I figure out the style of what I want on the exterior. I’ve posted several mods I’ve done already.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I do have the backup camera and towing zoom lens, so the hardware is there. I just need to figure out a way to add 2 additional views after adding the additional camera's that are normally placed on the bottom of both side view mirrors.
There’s gotta be a way to do it. The only other thing I can think of is buying them(cameras-side mirrors) directly from the dealer and allowing them to connect everything. Seems complicated?..

·
Registered
47 Posts
For the last few weeks I've been trying to find out just that... Whether or not it's a plug-and-play scenario if I just bought the cameras and installed them. Sadly it's not that easy. I spoke to 3 different GM parts department experts in my area, and there seems to be a harness that runs through the side mirrors. If your Yukon didn't come with the technology or illuminated package, then you're out of luck because your vehicle won't have it already equipped.

I've already put miniature blind spot mirrors on, and they help aligning myself in parking spaces, but I'm completely blind for the two front wheels. So, I "might" look into getting a separate camera system installed that's just dedicated for the front wheels.
Sounds like a complicated mod! If you do pull it off, that’s one too see!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts