New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trading in 2009 Silverado 2500 crew cab on 2021 Yukon with diesel. Owned a Dodge Ram diesel 2500 and loved it. Hoping this Yukon works out for towing and totin’ guests.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome @BasketCase24!

How did you spec your new Yukon diesel and how much are you getting back for the Silverado?
I wanted trailer towing, and my bride wanted cooled and heated seats. SLT luxury plus package was the only option I received. I ORDERED the trailer camera, but it was not included and I did not pay for it. Evidently it’s not an option any longer. Which pissed me off because I wanted the “see thru your trailer” mirror.
I got $20 k for my 2009 Silverado crew cab with articulated tonneau cover and chrome step tubes for front and back doors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the new Yukon @BasketCase24! Any reason why you're switching from a pickup to a SUV?
We moved January 2020 to two car garage from a two car attached plus a 1200 ft2 garage with a lift and 15 ft ceilings. We had the crew cab 2500 truck, a Subaru Outback and two antique cars. We towed an antique in a 16’ enclosed trailer.

When we downsized, GM was announcing the 2021 Tahoe/Yukon with the diesel. So we sold one antique car, sold the Subaru to our new driver granddaughter, and traded the truck for the Yukon. The Yukon gives us towing capability and room for more than two adults to go somewhere with us. I’m hoping the mileage is a lot better too, as the pickup only got 12-14 mpg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts