New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 22 Suburban in early Nov. and has not yet been scheduled for a build date. Now I just was informed the 22 inch Glossy Black Rims are not unavailable. What else is going to be unavailable Why even make the vehicles right now? It seems like everyday there is another option not available. My high cost vehicle will have nothing on it.

Oh what a joke GM is giving a $25 credit for the heated steering wheel. If I had to order that separately it would be $500 or more.

I think GM is hurting their name by sending out half built vehicles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am about to order a Suburban. My understanding is, the heated steering wheel will be retrofitted later, and the $25 is a credit for that inconvenience. Additionally, supposedly everyone affected will get a free year of the GM Remote Access Plan. This is all according to:

However, my dealer General Manager cannot confirm this, his GM rep cannot confirm, nor could the person attending to the chat box on the Chevy ordering website. To make matters more confusing, on the online configuration form, there is a check box that says "Not equipped with heated steering wheel ($25)", which by default is unchecked. If I check it, it gives me the $25 credit. No one could definitively tell me exactly what it means if you leave that box unchecked - the person on the chat told me it should mean that my build will include the feature, if available. I am mildly concerned if I leave it unchecked, I might lose the option altogether (but that makes no sense).

Terribly confusing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am about to order a Suburban. My understanding is, the heated steering wheel will be retrofitted later, and the $25 is a credit for that inconvenience. Additionally, supposedly everyone affected will get a free year of the GM Remote Access Plan. This is all according to:

However, my dealer General Manager cannot confirm this, his GM rep cannot confirm, nor could the person attending to the chat box on the Chevy ordering website. To make matters more confusing, on the online configuration form, there is a check box that says "Not equipped with heated steering wheel ($25)", which by default is unchecked. If I check it, it gives me the $25 credit. No one could definitively tell me exactly what it means if you leave that box unchecked - the person on the chat told me it should mean that my build will include the feature, if available. I am mildly concerned if I leave it unchecked, I might lose the option altogether (but that makes no sense).

Terribly confusing.
The heated steering wheel issues has to do with the national chip shortage. Can't explain the wheels issue but assuming that is a supply chain issue. Remember GM only designs and assembles cars so anything else is a supplier/supply chain issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts