New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2021 Tahoe premier 3 weeks ago. We test drove it and fell in love with it. A week later we noticed rain water coming out of the seat belt housings on the pillars of both the front and second row passengers. We could also hear the sound of water sloshing around over head. I just brought it into the dealer this morning for them to investigate the leak when they notified me of a engine oil cooler line recall. Apparently this can cause catastrophic engine failure.
They said that they inspected the oil cooler lines and they’re ok. When I asked about the water leak they said that they blew air down the drain tubes in the sunroof. They said that sometimes they can become clogged or pinched and they look like they are draining properly. They then said that if it happens again then I need to bring it back and they’ll have to drop the headliner and inspect it.
I have a feeling I’ll be back.

Here is the link for the recall they found:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought my 2021 Tahoe premier 3 weeks ago. We test drove it and fell in love with it. A week later we noticed rain water coming out of the seat belt housings on the pillars of both the front and second row passengers. We could also hear the sound of water sloshing around over head. I just brought it into the dealer this morning for them to investigate the leak when they notified me of a engine oil cooler line recall. Apparently this can cause catastrophic engine failure.
They said that they inspected the oil cooler lines and they’re ok. When I asked about the water leak they said that they blew air down the drain tubes in the sunroof. They said that sometimes they can become clogged or pinched and they look like they are draining properly. They then said that if it happens again then I need to bring it back and they’ll have to drop the headliner and inspect it.
I have a feeling I’ll be back.

Here is the link for the recall they found:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They haven’t given me a definitive answer yet. We haven’t had much rain since this happened last. We should be getting some rain next week so I’ll keep you posted. If we don’t get any rain I may try and soak it with a water hose to try to recreate it (something they should have done instead of just blowing air in the drain tubes). I really don’t want to get water in there again but I’d rather find the issue now rather than later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They haven’t given me a definitive answer yet. We haven’t had much rain since this happened last. We should be getting some rain next week so I’ll keep you posted. If we don’t get any rain I may try and soak it with a water hose to try to recreate it (something they should have done instead of just blowing air in the drain tubes). I really don’t want to get water in there again but I’d rather find the issue now rather than later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have taken mine twice within a week and have gotten no answers. Just bring it back if it happens again. Super frustrating

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven’t had mine sit out in the rain since the first leak. We haven’t had much rain at all since. I did however soak the roof with a hose yesterday afternoon. I couldn’t find any signs of the leak. I know it’s not as good as letting it sit out in a downpour but I thought I’d test it out anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did they fix yours yet? Any pics?
They told me the first time the drain wasn’t connected, fixed it and then a week later the carpet was wet again. When I took it in they said the carpet was still wet from the last repair and they didn’t hear the sloshing. Told me to bring it back is it happens again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts