New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2021 GMC Yukon AT4 purchased in February. We have had problem after problem. Most recently, mildew smell. After two months of searching (3 kids, thought it was food) found wet floor mats under passenger side weather tech mats. Weather tech mats never showed evidence of water or leak but carpet underneath is soaked with water and lots of white mildew. I have also noticed water sloshing around overhead after every rain. Advice on what to do or who to call? Our GMc dealership is horrible, I had an issue with the hydraulic lift and they never responded to my calls. Ended up having to go to our local Chevrolet dealership who helped right away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
2021 GMC Yukon AT4 purchased in February. We have had problem after problem. Most recently, mildew smell. After two months of searching (3 kids, thought it was food) found wet floor mats under passenger side weather tech mats. Weather tech mats never showed evidence of water or leak but carpet underneath is soaked with water and lots of white mildew. I have also noticed water sloshing around overhead after every rain. Advice on what to do or who to call? Our GMc dealership is horrible, I had an issue with the hydraulic lift and they never responded to my calls. Ended up having to go to our local Chevrolet dealership who helped right away.
Not sure how it works in the states. Maybe call GM head office and complain about your vehicle and the dealership dicking you around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ours has been in the shop several times for water leaking. We barely drive the Tahoe. It’s always garaged. We never open the sunroof, just the sun shade. We took it to lunch today and it started to rain lightly while we were at the restaurant. The Tahoe was outside for maybe an hour. This is what happened when we left. Again the sunroof was never opened. Just the sunshade. My son was completely soaked! He’s crying and freezing from the cold rain! It was gushing in through the passenger led light and through the headliner over his head as well as the drivers seatbelt. Our seats are completely soaked! This is pathetic!
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Plant Window
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Window
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Window Mode of transport

·
Registered
2021 Yukon Denali
18 Posts
Ours has been in the shop several times for water leaking. We barely drive the Tahoe. It’s always garaged. We never open the sunroof, just the sun shade. We took it to lunch today and it started to rain lightly while we were at the restaurant. The Tahoe was outside for maybe an hour. This is what happened when we left. Again the sunroof was never opened. Just the sunshade. My son was completely soaked! He’s crying and freezing from the cold rain! It was gushing in through the passenger led light and through the headliner over his head as well as the drivers seatbelt. Our seats are completely soaked! This is pathetic!
View attachment 479 View attachment 480 View attachment 481

Just terrible, hope he's okay. My Denali has the noise, but no leak. I took it in & they told me I will have to wait for tech & parts..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a new Tahoe 2021 Premier on August 12'th. Two days ago it poured very hard and I also cannot park in our garage. Yesterday I went out to drive car and when I backed up water sloshed all around the roof and water poured out of every seat belt hole, dripping out of the ceiling lights and then water was coming out of the electrical box by my legs in driver seat. I was stunned! Sunroof had not been opened in a week. At least a gallon of water came in and poured on the back second row seats, so now the leather seats are puffing up since it soaked in. Had to have it towed this morning to the dealer. I am going to do everything in my power to return this car because water in electrical areas cannot be good. New video by Jenn Franch

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I dropped my Tahoe off at the dealership so they could look at it first thing this past Monday morning. They called today (Wednesday) and said that they performed an in house water test and also took it through a carwash. They told me that they we sorry but they couldn’t recreate the problem and that the Tahoe is ready to be picked up. This is the fourth time I’ve taken this thing in for the same exact issue.

·
Registered
2021 Yukon Denali
18 Posts
I dropped my Tahoe off at the dealership so they could look at it first thing this past Monday morning. They called today (Wednesday) and said that they performed an in house water test and also took it through a carwash. They told me that they we sorry but they couldn’t recreate the problem and that the Tahoe is ready to be picked up. This is the fourth time I’ve taken this thing in for the same exact issue.

Tell them to take it on the highway above 75mph. GM even states that

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't had water inside that I know of, but the last two times I"ve opened my sunroof, the wind deflector has been so wet that it's sprayed water inside the car. I've never had that happen on any other sunroof and I've had sunroofs on lots of cars. I use my sunroof a lot when the weather is nice and I'm not on the highway. I think it's related to the drains. I've got an appointment next week to have them look at it and the rear light you put your foot under to open the rear. You can't even read the GMC anymore. took delivery 8/29/21 and have only put 2,500 miles on it, that light just went blurry all the suden.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought my 2021 Tahoe premier 3 weeks ago. We test drove it and fell in love with it. A week later we noticed rain water coming out of the seat belt housings on the pillars of both the front and second row passengers. We could also hear the sound of water sloshing around over head. I just brought it into the dealer this morning for them to investigate the leak when they notified me of a engine oil cooler line recall. Apparently this can cause catastrophic engine failure.
They said that they inspected the oil cooler lines and they’re ok. When I asked about the water leak they said that they blew air down the drain tubes in the sunroof. They said that sometimes they can become clogged or pinched and they look like they are draining properly. They then said that if it happens again then I need to bring it back and they’ll have to drop the headliner and inspect it.
I have a feeling I’ll be back.

Here is the link for the recall they found:

Wow. The service manager at my dealership was contacting GM yesterday. I’m calling tomorrow to follow up to see what has been said. If they aren’t eager to make this right very soon, I’ll be going the lemon law route. I didn’t pay a defective price for this defective vehicle.
Have you heard anything or had any resolution to your problem? Bought a brand new 2021 Yukon 4 weeks ago--Went outside this morning to clear the one inch of snow that we had on top of the car. Backed the car down the driveway and water was sloshing in the roof area and pouring out of the middle row air vents and side interior lights, seatbelt areas on side of car and in the back walls of the trunk. as well as noticed some leaking underneath the glovebox area. Unbelievable. Worried about the interior leakage with problems in the future to the electrical system of the vehicle (not to mention mold/mildew issues... I have asthma and very sensitive to mold.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you heard anything or had any resolution to your problem? Bought a brand new 2021 Yukon 4 weeks ago--Went outside this morning to clear the one inch of snow that we had on top of the car. Backed the car down the driveway and water was sloshing in the roof area and pouring out of the middle row air vents and side interior lights, seatbelt areas on side of car and in the back walls of the trunk. as well as noticed some leaking underneath the glovebox area. Unbelievable. Worried about the interior leakage with problems in the future to the electrical system of the vehicle (not to mention mold/mildew issues... I have asthma and very sensitive to mold.)
Not yet, waiting for part for GMC log that shines under the car. I will be taking it back in and talk to service. They said they were unaware of the TSB:
Sunroof Drain Hose Extensions – TechLink
that I sent with the car when it was dropped off. they blew out the drain lines and said they would research the TSB. The drain lines needing to be blown out was a bunch of bull. They also tell you to make sure the AC is on and recirculate is off for cabin air to help create pressure to push water out, but the water should be draining correctly in the 1st place. I don't understand how it gets in there to start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought my 2021 Tahoe premier 3 weeks ago. We test drove it and fell in love with it. A week later we noticed rain water coming out of the seat belt housings on the pillars of both the front and second row passengers. We could also hear the sound of water sloshing around over head. I just brought it into the dealer this morning for them to investigate the leak when they notified me of a engine oil cooler line recall. Apparently this can cause catastrophic engine failure.
They said that they inspected the oil cooler lines and they’re ok. When I asked about the water leak they said that they blew air down the drain tubes in the sunroof. They said that sometimes they can become clogged or pinched and they look like they are draining properly. They then said that if it happens again then I need to bring it back and they’ll have to drop the headliner and inspect it.
I have a feeling I’ll be back.

Here is the link for the recall they found:

Just bought a 2022 Suburban RST. After 1 week had water coming out of the front pillars at the seat belts. Dealer had it for 3 days and couldn't duplicate the issue. Got some rain a week later and heard water sloshing around in the headliner when I pulled out of the driveway. Took my baby to pediatrician and all was fine, but when I pulled out of the parking lot to go home water gushed out of the overhead light and vent over the rear seat where my baby sits. Needless to say he got wet! I got an appointment at the dealer but got snow and rain the night before my appointment. On my way to the dealer I had the sloshing sounds and then water poured out of both rear lights, both rear vents, third row light, both front seat belts, sunroof control area, and the foot wells under the dash. My floor mats, seats, and console were soaked. I was prepared with my phone out and recorded all of it. I sent the videos to the dealer and they were speechless. I didn't spend $73k on a new car for fun, I have a family of 8 and space is key. I hope my dealer can find something... I'll post again when I hear back from the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought a 2022 Suburban RST. After 1 week had water coming out of the front pillars at the seat belts. Dealer had it for 3 days and couldn't duplicate the issue. Got some rain a week later and heard water sloshing around in the headliner when I pulled out of the driveway. Took my baby to pediatrician and all was fine, but when I pulled out of the parking lot to go home water gushed out of the overhead light and vent over the rear seat where my baby sits. Needless to say he got wet! I got an appointment at the dealer but got snow and rain the night before my appointment. On my way to the dealer I had the sloshing sounds and then water poured out of both rear lights, both rear vents, third row light, both front seat belts, sunroof control area, and the foot wells under the dash. My floor mats, seats, and console were soaked. I was prepared with my phone out and recorded all of it. I sent the videos to the dealer and they were speechless. I didn't spend $73k on a new car for fun, I have a family of 8 and space is key. I hope my dealer can find something... I'll post again when I hear back from the dealer.
Dealer said it was a sunroof drain line, I think some other people said the same thing. The claim it had a slight uphill bend that was causing water to back up... Into what?

I'm going to take it to the car wash and see if I notice anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2022 Yukon Denali XL

Water leaked from the rear vent, sunroof controls, passenger visor, and from around the PCM slot. I am waiting to hear what the dealership is going to do. They did say it was NOT the drain tubes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2022 Yukon Denali XL

Water leaked from the rear vent, sunroof controls, passenger visor, and from around the PCM slot. I am waiting to hear what the dealership is going to do. They did say it was NOT the drain tubes.
Why has no one come back and posted a solution? Does anyone have an answer to this problem? Everyone claims they’ll come back with more information, but they never do!

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are too many posts about the same thing, and I can't remember which one I have posted in...I posted the in another roof leak forum earlier today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 GMC Yukon AT4 as well and for a few months I have heard water trickling around the sun roof after it rains or after going through the car wash. Recently I have been smelling the mildew smell. I have 4 kids and thought the same thing that they had spilt food or a drink. After deep cleaning the car and finding nothing I put my nose up to the roof/liner of the car (especially around the sunroof area) and the mildew smell was so strong! Trying to get it this week to see what they can do. So annoyed!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealership spent about two weeks trying to figure it out. They would not believe it was the drains not working - although that makes the most sense. They got a new frame and apparently remounted my sunroof. Unfortunately we have not had rain to test it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
FYI, had the first rain storm last night after they “fixed the problem “. The car still leaks as bad as before, if not worse as this time it leaked out of the center overhead console were many electrical controls are. That’s a little scary. I’m getting more and more concerned about water damage from multiple leaks. She goes back in the shop tomorrow, and I think I will be filing a California lemon law case against GMC. It’s about time I got a new car for this mess.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts