New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2021 GMC Yukon AT4 purchased in February. We have had problem after problem. Most recently, mildew smell. After two months of searching (3 kids, thought it was food) found wet floor mats under passenger side weather tech mats. Weather tech mats never showed evidence of water or leak but carpet underneath is soaked with water and lots of white mildew. I have also noticed water sloshing around overhead after every rain. Advice on what to do or who to call? Our GMc dealership is horrible, I had an issue with the hydraulic lift and they never responded to my calls. Ended up having to go to our local Chevrolet dealership who helped right away.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2021 GMC Yukon AT4 purchased in February. We have had problem after problem. Most recently, mildew smell. After two months of searching (3 kids, thought it was food) found wet floor mats under passenger side weather tech mats. Weather tech mats never showed evidence of water or leak but carpet underneath is soaked with water and lots of white mildew. I have also noticed water sloshing around overhead after every rain. Advice on what to do or who to call? Our GMc dealership is horrible, I had an issue with the hydraulic lift and they never responded to my calls. Ended up having to go to our local Chevrolet dealership who helped right away.
Not sure how it works in the states. Maybe call GM head office and complain about your vehicle and the dealership dicking you around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ours has been in the shop several times for water leaking. We barely drive the Tahoe. It’s always garaged. We never open the sunroof, just the sun shade. We took it to lunch today and it started to rain lightly while we were at the restaurant. The Tahoe was outside for maybe an hour. This is what happened when we left. Again the sunroof was never opened. Just the sunshade. My son was completely soaked! He’s crying and freezing from the cold rain! It was gushing in through the passenger led light and through the headliner over his head as well as the drivers seatbelt. Our seats are completely soaked! This is pathetic!
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Plant Window
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Window
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Window Mode of transport

·
Registered
2021 Yukon Denali
18 Posts
Ours has been in the shop several times for water leaking. We barely drive the Tahoe. It’s always garaged. We never open the sunroof, just the sun shade. We took it to lunch today and it started to rain lightly while we were at the restaurant. The Tahoe was outside for maybe an hour. This is what happened when we left. Again the sunroof was never opened. Just the sunshade. My son was completely soaked! He’s crying and freezing from the cold rain! It was gushing in through the passenger led light and through the headliner over his head as well as the drivers seatbelt. Our seats are completely soaked! This is pathetic!
View attachment 479 View attachment 480 View attachment 481

Just terrible, hope he's okay. My Denali has the noise, but no leak. I took it in & they told me I will have to wait for tech & parts..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a new Tahoe 2021 Premier on August 12'th. Two days ago it poured very hard and I also cannot park in our garage. Yesterday I went out to drive car and when I backed up water sloshed all around the roof and water poured out of every seat belt hole, dripping out of the ceiling lights and then water was coming out of the electrical box by my legs in driver seat. I was stunned! Sunroof had not been opened in a week. At least a gallon of water came in and poured on the back second row seats, so now the leather seats are puffing up since it soaked in. Had to have it towed this morning to the dealer. I am going to do everything in my power to return this car because water in electrical areas cannot be good. New video by Jenn Franch

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I dropped my Tahoe off at the dealership so they could look at it first thing this past Monday morning. They called today (Wednesday) and said that they performed an in house water test and also took it through a carwash. They told me that they we sorry but they couldn’t recreate the problem and that the Tahoe is ready to be picked up. This is the fourth time I’ve taken this thing in for the same exact issue.

·
Registered
2021 Yukon Denali
18 Posts
I dropped my Tahoe off at the dealership so they could look at it first thing this past Monday morning. They called today (Wednesday) and said that they performed an in house water test and also took it through a carwash. They told me that they we sorry but they couldn’t recreate the problem and that the Tahoe is ready to be picked up. This is the fourth time I’ve taken this thing in for the same exact issue.

Tell them to take it on the highway above 75mph. GM even states that

41 - 48 of 48 Posts