New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm disappointed by the way GM bundles the options on the new 2021 Tahoe. To get certain options I want I have to have a sunroof. I guess I wouldn't really mind having one but from what what I've been reading about water leaks, I'm wary of them.

I would like to hear some opinions of Tahoe owners out there on the subject of sunroofs. Are Tahoe sunroofs prone to problems ? Are most owners happy with theirs ?

I appreciate any input as I haven't made a purchase decision yet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I remember there being issues with the 2015 and 2016 Tahoe sunroofs but since then I haven't heard of there being issues.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm disappointed by the way GM bundles the options on the new 2021 Tahoe. To get certain options I want I have to have a sunroof. I guess I wouldn't really mind having one but from what what I've been reading about water leaks, I'm wary of them.

I would like to hear some opinions of Tahoe owners out there on the subject of sunroofs. Are Tahoe sunroofs prone to problems ? Are most owners happy with theirs ?

Its tough to say with these new models especially since they haven't been on the road long enough.
While info is limited currently, I suggest testing out a sample size of them for yourself at some local dealers. Have you stopped by any of them yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my 2021 yukon since August, no sunroof issues, or any other issues. I've had 6 Yukons thru the years, this is the best

·
Registered
5 Posts
In my opinion, just don't use it. The seal's life will be extended if it's not being used and not prone to leaks.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have a 2021 yukon and I have head issues with my sunroof visor not staying fully closed. It's annoying. I've taken it in twice for this issue already along with many other issues. Apparently it's a programming issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts

On the 2021 the sunroof is an option on all models, even the High Country.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have own three Chevy Tahoes, 2003,2015 and a 2021with a panoramic sunroof, none have leaked. they all have worked fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have own three Chevy Tahoes, 2003,2015 and a 2021with a panoramic sunroof, none have leaked. they all have worked fine.
By the way on 2021 tahoe's the sunroof is an option on all models including the High country, so they are not bundled in packages.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts