New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2021 Chevy Tahoe Premier - 8.5K miles. Mine just started whistling/whining upon start up about 2 days ago, have a svc appointment. Did yours whistle/whine all of the time (Park, drive, etc)?

2021 Chevy Tahoe RST 5.3 with 3.5K miles. I have a whine on deceleration and a little whine on acceleration, almost sounds like I have a supercharger. I thought that it might be transmission or something, but dealer says they don't hear anything. Let me know what your dealership says when you take it in. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
2021 Chevy Tahoe Premier - 8.5K miles - whining on acceleration at all speeds - dealership took a month to diagnose (they did give us a loaner car, not SUV), and was diagnosed as the transmission pump. Parts were backordered for another 3 weeks, and still don't have it back. 2 months in the shop now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yukon XL 6,000 MI... the sizzling sound started about 4 days before the lifter blew. You'll know when it happens because there will be a loud knocking from the engine compartment.

Update... The dealer confirmed it was a broke push rod on cylinder 3. Replaced all lifters on bank 1. The issue I have is bank 2 lifters are still the old ones and could go at any time. They pretty much said yeah that's the case... it could happen tomorrow or never happen again. I said that's not very reassuring and not what I want out of a Yukon XL when I'm traveling with my family.

I have heard some people received an extended warranty due to this issue... Anybody hear about that?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts