New Tahoe Yukon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
28 Posts
Smoked the marker with regular old lens smoke spray paint from the auto parts store. You can pop the lenses out easy after you undo the felt wheel wells. There are two clips on the marker that release it.

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
28 Posts
Maybe my reply didn’t go through...
How is the ride quality? Also can you add a few more pics. Front and rear possibly. Ordered my springs today!
ride quality is good. You need to have it aligned of course after you do the springs. It rides like any lowered vehicle basically. A little stiffer and bumpier, but down the freeway or on any smooth road you can’t tell a difference. If you live in an area with horrible roads then it can be pretty rough I’m sure. You’ll really only notice a difference over large bumps in the road. I’ll post some more pictures in a bit here.

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
28 Posts
When you get the springs they come with 1/2” spacers. Up to you if you want to use them. I didn’t use any and this is how it sits. It has. 1 3/4” rake like this. I wouldn’t use more than one 1/2” spacer, but it’s up to you. If you like less rake then use one and be 1 1/4” on the rake. When it’s driving it actually comes up a bit in the front so I chose no spacers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When you get the springs they come with 1/2” spacers. Up to you if you want to use them. I didn’t use any and this is how it sits. It has. 1 3/4” rake like this. I wouldn’t use more than one 1/2” spacer, but it’s up to you. If you like less rake then use one and be 1 1/4” on the rake. When it’s driving it actually comes up a bit in the front so I chose no spacers.
Truck looks awesome! Thanks for info and pics!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe my reply didn’t go through...

ride quality is good. You need to have it aligned of course after you do the springs. It rides like any lowered vehicle basically. A little stiffer and bumpier, but down the freeway or on any smooth road you can’t tell a difference. If you live in an area with horrible roads then it can be pretty rough I’m sure. You’ll really only notice a difference over large bumps in the road. I’ll post some more pictures in a bit here.
Like you I deal with weather here in Northeast. For now just gonna stay with stock 22s so hoping it softens ride a bit. This is mostly my wife’s truck but I lower all my vehicles. When she asked “ can we get rid of the wheel well space a bit”? I jumped at the chance! 😂

·
Registered
2021 Tahoe RST
28 Posts
Like you I deal with weather here in Northeast. For now just gonna stay with stock 22s so hoping it softens ride a bit. This is mostly my wife’s truck but I lower all my vehicles. When she asked “ can we get rid of the wheel well space a bit”? I jumped at the chance! 😂
That’s cool. It’s still going to look really good with a 22! Send some pictures when it’s done. I realized I misquoted my tire size too by the way. They’re 295/35 if anyone was wondering.
Good luck with the lowering!

·
Registered
15 Posts
That’s cool. It’s still going to look really good with a 22! Send some pictures when it’s done. I realized I misquoted my tire size too by the way. They’re 295/35 if anyone was wondering.
Good luck with the lowering!
Dave got a question. Did you take any measurements before and after install? I just measured at all 4 corners. I’m getting 37 inches fronts ground to lip off wheel wells. Rear I’m getting 37.5? Only getting .5 inch on rear then after the swap? Yours and the extreme truck Tahoe rear seems lower? Just got my springs yesterday. Looking to install by Monday.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts